February 7, 2013

Jude Law Laments Missing Out On WATCHMEN And Interested In DC/Marvel Role


During an interview with Collider actor Jude Law (Sherlock Holmes, Contagion, Bitter Pill, Enemy At The Gates) was asked if he would be interested in a comic book movie role. He went on to explain a missed opurtinity to have a role in Zack Snyder's Watchmen. However, still seems open to the idea of being apart of the Marvel or DC (Justice League) film universes. Jude doesn't confirm there are currently talks but he might have some spare time until Sherlock Holmes 3 is put into production. I'm also sure his relationship with Robert Downey Jr. and Warner Bros. wouldn't hurt his chances either.

"I’m a massive comic book fan. I was buying weekly installments of “The Watchmen”, and “From Hell”, and “Parallax” and “Johnny Nemo”. I was a huge comic book fan as a kid and I still am, I still am to a degree. Me and my youngest son are both comic book nerds together; make models and stuff. My oldest son thinks I’m a terrible geek. But I don’t care, my youngest son gets me, he always does. Yeah, it’s definitely something I would like to get involved in if, again if the director’s right and the piece is right and the part is right. I was sad not to be a part of Watchmen when they made the movie, but I was busy doing something else." 

"That’s a good idea. I mean, I’m quite interested at the moment, nothing's lined up, but I’m quite interested at the moment to do something a little more action-y, I’ve done quite a few quite cerebral, period movies and I’d quite like to do something like that."

A couple of characters come to mind when thinking of who Jude Law could play in either cinematic worlds. I think he could make a decent Hank Pym/Scott Lang (Ant-Man), Joey Chapman (Union Jack), Balder The Brave, Baron Stucker or Ulysses Klaw. When it comes to DC the roles are a bit limited but I'd say he could do well as The Flash or villains such as Lex Luthor or Brainiac.

No comments:

Post a Comment